Norton Digital Toolkit products can be integrated with your campus Learning Management System (LMS). LMS integration allows for single sign-in to Norton digital products, gradebook updates, and automatic enrollment of students into correct student sets.
What is LMS integration?
LMS Integration allows for a standard and secure way to connect Norton digital learning tools with your campus Learning Management System (LMS). The benefits of enabling integration include:
- Single Sign-in: Students register or sign in to a Norton digital product from their campus LMS once. Subsequently when they click on a properly integrated link from your LMS course, they’ll be redirected immediately to that product without having to sign in again, meaning fewer password and log in troubles.
- Gradebook Integration: When a Norton digital product is integrated with an LMS, student grades flow automatically into the LMS gradebook, after a evaluation enabled activity is completed. We call this grade passback or automatic grade reporting.
- Creation of Student Sets for Instructors: The first time an instructor clicks on an integrated link from their course in the LMS, they are prompted to create a student set. An integrated student set, among other things, incorporates the roster of students that are in the instructor’s course.
- Enrollment of students into an Instructor’s Student Set: When integration is enabled, students are added to the course's corresponding student set after they register for the entitlements of any given course. Students register by clicking on an integrated link added to a course within the LMS.
Which campus LMSs provide for Norton integration?
Which Norton Digital Learning Tools can be integrated with campus LMSs?
- Norton eBook Reader (including Norton Illumine Ebooks)
- ZAPS 2.0
- Norton Custom Course Content
Is integration as simple as adding a link in my campus to a Norton Digital Learning Tool?
Not quite, adding a regular link to one of our digital learning tools in your campus LMS will not enable single sign in, grade reporting, and the other benefits described above. To enable this type of integration, the link to our digital learning tool needs to be added as an external tool to your campus LMS.
Are you interested in integrating Norton Digital Learning Tools with your LMS course?
Is LMS integration required in order to use Norton Digital Learning Tools?
Which browsers are best for using the Digital Resources?
To view minimum system requirements for using Norton Digital Products, please click here.