Getting started with Norton digital products—ebooks, InQuizitive, Smartwork, and more—is easy. This article provides instructions for registering on Norton's Digital Landing Pages with a Student Set ID provided by the instructor. If your instructor is integrating their course with their school's Learning Management System (LMS), you should visit the help notes on LMS Integration.
How do I register for my Norton digital product?
You can access Norton digital products in three ways:
- Enter a registration code.
- A registration code comes for free with new copies of select Norton textbooks.
- Make an online purchase.
- You can purchase access to Norton digital products online. If you purchase an ebook, your ebook purchase will automatically entitle you to all the other digital products associated with that book. In many cases you can also purchase these other digital products standalone.
- Register via trial access.
- You may sign up for 21 days of free trial access. During this time you can access limited ebook chapters as well as other digital products associated with the book. At the end of the trial access period, you will need to enter a registration code or make an online purchase in order to continue accessing your Norton digital products.
To register for your Norton digital products, do the following:
- Go to the digital resources page for your book. You can find the URL for the digital resources page printed on the access card in your copy of the book, or your instructor may provide it to you.
- Click on Sign in or Register at the top right corner of the digital resources page to open up a popup window prompting you to sign in or register. Or click on the green sign-in button in the middle of the page.
- Select No, I need to register, purchase, or sign up for trial access. Click the green button to continue.
- Fill out the form with your full name, your school email address and your password. DO NOT register for Norton digital products with a personal email address. Doing so will make it difficult for your instructor to track your grades. Use the email address issued to you by your school. Once you have set up your account, you will not be able to transfer any of your work (completed or in-progress) or grades to an account set up with a different email address.
- Determine how you would like to access Norton’s digital resources.
- If you have a registration code from a new print copy of the book, select I have a registration code and enter it into the text field. Click Register My Code.
- If you want to purchase access, select I want to purchase access. Click the Show Purchasing Options button.
- If you do not want to purchase access and do not have a registration code, select I want to sign up for free trial access. Then click Sign Up for Trial Access. If you select this, you will have the opportunity to enter in a registration code at a later date. Trial access lasts three weeks.
- Follow the prompts for agreeing to the terms of service.
- Follow the prompts for entering in your country, state or province, and school.
What is a Student Set?
Your instructor’s course section on the digital resources page is called a Student Set. You MUST join a Student Set for your instructor to be able to see your final grades.
Student Sets allow your instructor to view your activity on the digital resources page and track your grades on assignments. Follow the instructions on this page to join your instructor's Student Set so that you can share your results and your instructor can assign a grade.
How do I add myself to a Student Set?
When you first click to access an assignment from the digital resources page, you will be prompted to enter a Student Set ID provided to you by your instructor. Enter the Student Set ID number in the "Student Set ID:" field and click the OK button. If your instructor has not given you a Student Set ID number yet, click on the "I don't have a Student Set ID at this time" button to close the window. Until you join a Student Set, you will be asked to enter a Student Set ID each time you launch an activity. Your instructor will not be able to grade your assignments until you enter the Student Set ID. For Smartwork assignments, you must join a Student Set in order to view and complete the assignments.
You can also add yourself to a Student Set at any time.
Click on the gear menu in the upper-right corner of the Digital Resources page and select Add Yourself to a Student Set from the menu.
Enter the Student Set ID that has been provided to you by your instructor in the pop-up window and select OK.
Once you have been added to a Student Set, you cannot remove yourself from the Student Set. If you've added yourself to the wrong Student Set ID, please contact the W.W. Norton Service Desk to be removed and added to the correct Student Set ID.
How do I check which Student Set I joined?
If you have already joined a Student Set and you would like to confirm which one you joined, please follow these steps:
Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Add Yourself to a Student Set" from the menu.
Any Student Sets of which you are currently a member will be displayed near the top of the window.
You can add yourself to as many Student Sets as you would like. However, you cannot remove yourself from a Student Set; only your instructor can perform that action.
What if I accidentally enrolled in the wrong Student Set?
If you enrolled in the wrong Student Set, enroll in the correct one and notify your instructor of the mistake. Your instructor can then remove you from the incorrect Student Set.
If you joined a Student Set that is not accessible to your instructor, please contact the W.W. Norton Service Desk to be removed from the incorrect Student Set.
How do I change the email address I use to access Norton digital products?
If you registered or purchased access to Norton digital products and you used the wrong email address, click on the Change Your Email link found in the gear menu.
- Log in to the digital resources page.
- Click on the gear menu in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- In the dropdown menu, select Change Your Email.
- In the popup window, enter your current email address, the new email you want to use, and your password.
- Click the Submit button.
Please note that you can only update your email address within 14 days of creating your account. After 14 days, please contact the W.W. Norton Service Desk for assistance.
Are there any how-to videos available?
The following how-to videos should answer most of your questions about getting started with Norton digital products!