Resources for your LMS (RLMS) is a Canvas Course Export Package file. To add these resources to your Canvas course, you will import the imscc file to a blank shell.
Canvas - RLMS file import
- Download the Canvas Course Export Package file from the Instructor Resource page for your text by selecting the download button beside the Canvas Resources.
- The downloaded file will have an .imscc extension. Do not attempt to open the file at this time.
- Log into your course shell in Canvas and navigate to the Settings page.
- On the Settings page, click on Import Content into this Course.
- This opens a page where you'll select your file type.
- In the Content Type field on the next page, select Canvas Course Export Package.
- Browse for your file ending in imscc on your desktop.
- If you want to select specific items, check off Select specific content.
- Click on Import, and the system will begin the import process.
If you are selecting specific content, use the blue button to bring up the list of available materials.
Check off your desired content, and then click the Select Content button to begin the import process.
- While the import is running, a progress bar will appear on your page.
- When the import is complete, a button appears stating Completed.
- Return to the Modules to see your content.