Norton Digital Toolkit products can be integrated with your campus Learning Management System (LMS). LMS integration allows for gradebook updates, single sign-on to Norton products, and automatic enrollment of students into correct Student Sets.
What is LMS integration?
LMS integration allows for a standard and secure way to connect Norton Digital Learning Tools with your Campus learning management system. The benefits of enabling integration include
- Automatic creation of Student Sets for Instructors: The first time an Instructor clicks on the LTI enabled link from their course shell in the LMS, an LTI integrated Student Set is created. This Student Set becomes your course roster in the connected Norton Digital Learning tools.
- Automatic enrollment of students into an Instructor’s Student Set: When integration is enabled, students are automatically added to your Student Set after they register for the entitlements for your course. Students register by clicking on the LTI enabled link added to your course in the LMS.
- Single sign-on: Students register or sign in to a Norton Digital Product from their campus LMS once. Then when they click on a link integrated in your course from the LMS, they’ll be redirected immediately to that product without having to sign in again, meaning fewer password and log-in troubles.
- Gradebook integration: When a Norton Digital Product is integrated with an LMS, student grades flow automatically into your LMS gradebook, after an activity is completed. We call this grade passback.
Which campus LMSs provide for Norton integration?
Coming soon: Jenzabar, ClassLink and LoudCloud.
If you’re teaching at a campus that does not use one of the LMSs listed above, let us know. We may be able to set up integration for you.
Which Norton Digital Learning Tools can be integrated with campus LMSs?
- The Norton eBook Reader
- Smartwork 5
- ZAPS 2.0
- Norton Custom Course Content
Is integration as simple as adding a link in my campus to a Norton Digital Learning Tool?
Not quite. Adding a regular link to one of our digital learning tools in your campus LMS will not enable single sign-on, grade passback, and the other benefits described above. To enable this type of integration, the link to our digital learning tool needs to be added as an external tool to your campus LMS.
Are you interested in integrating Norton Digital Learning Tools with your LMS course?
Is LMS integration required in order to use Norton Digital Learning Tools?
Which browsers are best for using the Digital Resources?
To view minimum system requirements for using Norton Digital Products, please click here.