The Norton Ebook Reader works on computers, tablets, and smartphones and includes intuitive highlighting and note-taking features. This page provides details on how instructors can access their Norton Ebook Reader and manage associated settings.
How do I access an ebook and manage settings?
You can access Norton ebooks by using your email address and Norton instructor account password.
Don't have a password? Visit http://wwnorton.com/instructors. Once on the site, go to the discipline menu on the left, find your book's instructor resource page, and request instructor account access.
If you'd like to monitor student time on task and share ebook annotations and highlights with your students using the ebook, follow these steps:
- Create a Student Set (see video link provided below).
- Sign in to your ebook.
- Click the gear menu at the top right corner of the page.
- Click “Manage Student Sets.”
- Click “Create New Student Set” and name the Student Set.
- Make note of the Student Set ID and distribute to students so that they can join.
Need help with Student Sets? Watch these videos:
For instructors: Creating a Student Set
For students: Adding yourself to a Student Set
How do I get started using the ebook?
There is a great "Getting Started" resource available on the Digital Resources page for your textbook.
- Go to the Digital Resources page for your textbook. The link starts with "https://digital.wwnorton.com/" and ends with the short title of your textbook. If you need help finding the link for your textbook, please contact your Norton representative.
- For example, if you're using The Enjoyment of Music, 12th Shorter Edition, here is the link to the Digital Resources page: https://digital.wwnorton.com/enjmusic12s
- Login to the Digital Resources page using your Norton account. Please note, to access the Getting Started resource specially designed for instructors, your Norton account needs to be authorized as an instructor. If you need to have your account authorized as an instructor, please contact your Norton representative.
- Click on the Getting Started tile:
Are there any how-to videos available?
The following how-to videos should answer most of your ebook questions!
Which devices and browsers can be used to access the ebook?
To view minimum system requirements for using the Norton Ebook Reader, please click here.
How do students register for an ebook?
Students can register for an ebook by:
- Entering a registration code, which is included with new copies of select Norton textbooks.
- Making an online purchase, and if their textbook is accompanied by other digital learning tools in addition to the ebook, they will have access to those through their online ebook purchase.
How long does student access last?
Depending on the textbook, the ebook access length options are as follows:
- For textbooks that are accompanied by only an ebook and no other Norton digital learning tools (i.e., InQuizitive, Smartwork, ZAPS), there are two different access length options:
- 180 days
- 360 days
- For textbooks that are accompanied by an ebook and any of the aforementioned Norton digital learning tools, the only access length option is 360 days.
Note: Purchase of an ebook automatically entitles students to other for-sale digital learning tools that accompany that textbook for 360 days.