At Play in the Cosmos works on computers, tablets, and smartphones. This page provides details on how students can register, access the videogame, and manage their associated settings.
Accessing the Videogame
Go to the digital resource page for your Astronomy title:
- For the game on its own, without a Norton textbook: digital.wwnorton.com/cosmosgame
- For Understanding our Universe, 4th edition: digital.wwnorton.com/universe4
- For 21st Century Astronomy, 6th edition: digital.wwnorton.com/astro6
- For 21st Century Astronomy, 7th edition: digital.wwnorton.com/astro7
- For At Play in the Cosmos, 2nd edition: digital.wwnorton.com/cosmos2
Click on the At Play in the Cosmos video game tile.
After opening the videogame tile, you will see instructors on how to download the game. You will have to scroll down to see instructors on how to download for Windows, Mac, IPhone and IPad, and Android devices.
Be sure your operating system is up to date and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed on the download page. Follow download instructions according to your device.
Once the download of the video game is completed, open the downloaded file and find the Applications file with the game icon. Click on the icon to launch the game.
To open the game at any time, click the icon. You can drag it from your Downloads file onto your desktop for easy access.
Registering for the Videogame
IMPORTANT: If you are accessing the game via an Inclusive Access program, please follow the registration prompts given to you by your instructor.
If you are accessing via a registration card or purchase, you can use the following instructions.
- Go to the appropriate digital resource page for your course. If you already have a Norton account, you should sign in with it. If not, you’ll need to follow the prompts to create a new Norton account.
- Fill out the form with your full name, your school email address and your password. DO NOT register for At Play in the Cosmos with a personal email address. Doing so will make it difficult for your instructor to track your grades. Please use the email address issued to you by your school. Once you have set up your account, you will not be able to transfer any of your work (completed or in-process) or grades within At Play in the Cosmos to an account set up with a different email address.
- Enter your Registration code, or purchase access
- Follow the prompts for agreeing to the terms of service.
- Follow the prompts for entering your country, state or province, and school.
- If your instructor has created a student set, you should join it at this point. Instructors will need to share the student set number with their students.
- If you need any assistance, please contact our helpdesk by going to support.wwnorton.com.
Which devices and browsers are best for accessing At Play in the Cosmos?
The videogame will work on PCs, Macs, iPhone, iPads, and Android tablets. Here are the minimum system requirements for Windows/Mac OS: Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz CPU; Intel 4000 HD, AMD Radeon 4000 series, NVIDIA GTX 500 series GPU, 2GB RAM. System requirements can also be found on the Minimum System Requirements page on Knowledge Owl.
How do I play the game?
For instructions on how to play the game, please click here.