At Play in the Cosmos works on computers, tablets, and smartphones. This page provides details on how instructors can access the videogame and manage their associated settings.
Accessing the Video Game
Go to the digital resource page for your Astronomy title:
- For the game on its own, without a Norton textbook: digital.wwnorton.com/cosmosgame
- For At Play in the Cosmos 2: digital.wwnorton.com/cosmos2
- For Understanding our Universe 3: digital.wwnorton.com/universe3
- For Understanding our Universe 4: digital.wwnorton.com/universe4
- For 21st Century Astronomy 6: digital.wwnorton.com/astro6
- For 21st Century Astronomy 7: digital.wwnorton.com/astro7
Click on the At Play in the Cosmos video game tile.
After opening the videogame tile, you will see instructors on how to download the game. You will have to scroll down to see instructors on how to download for Windows, Mac, IPhone and IPad, and Android devices.
Be sure your operating system is up to date and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements listed on the download page. Follow download instructions according to your device.
Once the download of the video game is completed, open the downloaded file and find the Applications file with the game icon. Click on the icon to launch the game.
To open the game at any time, click the icon. You can drag it from your Downloads file onto your desktop for easy access.
Which devices and browsers are best for accessing At Play in the Cosmos?
The videogame will work on PCs, Macs, iPhone, iPads, and Android tablets. Here are the minimum system requirements for Windows/Mac OS: Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz CPU; Intel 4000 HD, AMD Radeon 4000 series, NVIDIA GTX 500 series GPU, 2GB RAM. System requirements can also be found on the Minimum System Requirements page on Knowledge Owl.
How do I play the game?
For instructions on how to play the game, please click here.