Visual Guides provide illustrated, detailed instructions on how to use your Norton Digital Toolkit products. The hamburger menu provides quick access to features like a book's table of contents, search, bookmarks, highlights and annotations.
Table of Contents
Click on the book icon in the tool menu to access the Table of Contents.
- The current page of the ebook you are viewing will be displayed in bold, green text.
- The page numbers in the ebook match those found in the printed textbook.
- Click on the right-facing arrow to expand the selected section.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow to condense the selected section.
- Click on the section title to proceed directly to that page in the ebook.
Searching the Ebook
Click on the menu icon in the upper left corner of the page and select the magnifying glass icon to access the search tool. If you would like to search for a specific word, make sure that Book is selected, type the word into the field at the top of the window, and click the search button or hit Enter on your keyboard. If you would like to search for exact matches, surround your search terms in quotation marks (ex. "brain organization:).
- The total number of sections of the ebook that contain the word will be displayed here.
- You can sort the results either by relevance (the default setting) or by page number.
- The section title and page number will be displayed as a link in bold, black text. Click on the link to proceed directly to that section in the ebook.
- The total number of times the word appears in this section will be displayed here.
- You can use these up and down arrows to cycle through the instances of the word.
- Each time the word appears in the ebook, it will be highlighted in yellow.
Searching the Index
If you would like to search the index of your ebook, make sure that Index is selected, type the word into the field at the top of the window and each instance of that word will appear in the window and be highlighted in yellow. Click on one of the bold page numbers to go to that section in your ebook. If you would like to search for exact matches, surround your search terms in quotation marks (ex. "time-series").
Note: Not every ebook title will have the index search feature enabled.
Jump to Page
If you would like to go to a specific page in your ebook, type the number into the field at the top of the window and click the Jump to page... link that appears.
Click on the bookmark icon in the tool menu to access the bookmarks tool.
Click on any of the links listed to go to the respective bookmarked page. If you are currently viewing a bookmarked page, the link will appear in bold, green text.
Annotations and Highlights Tool
Click on the pencil icon in the tool menu to access the annotations and highlights tool.
- The search tool allows you to search all of your annotations for specific keywords.
- The My notes tab will display all of the highlights and annotations you have created in your ebook; your shared annotations will be clearly marked. Your students will use the Instructor's notes tab to view all of your shared annotations and highlights but all of your highlights and annotations will appear on the My notes tab.
- Click on Print all notes to open a new tab in your browser that displays only the text of the annotations in your ebook, making it easier to print.
- Click on the section title to go directly to the page where an annotation or highlight is located.