Reading Assignments are pre-made assignments related to specific chapters of an ebook. Each Reading Assignment contains two parts; Reading Questions and an InQuizitive Activity.
Reading Questions present students with questions related to the content covered in the selected chapter of the ebook. Students can read the ebook while completing the Reading Questions and will receive instant feedback for every answer choice, correct or incorrect. Also, the time students spend reading the ebook within the Reading Assignment will be added to the Time Spent column within the Ebook tile on the Digital Resources page.
The InQuizitive Activity is the same activity found within the InQuizitive tile on the Digital Resources page for the textbook. Once students complete the InQuizitive Activity in the Reading Assignment, their final grade will also be recorded within the InQuizitive tile.
The Reading Questions are worth 10% of the final grade while the InQuizitive Activity is worth the remaining 90%.
- If your instructor has set a Grades Accepted Until (GAU) date for the Reading Assignment, it will appear at the top of the ebook, as well as at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the screen. However, you can still complete Reading Assignments even if your instructor does not set GAUs. The word "unassigned" will be displayed instead if no GAU has been set for the Reading Assignment.
- Please note, if your instructor has set a GAU for both the Reading Assignment and InQuizitive Activity (accessed using the InQuizitive tile on the Digital Resources page) for the same chapter but they are different dates and/or times, the GAUs will function independently from each other. Please make sure that you pay close attention to the exact GAU displayed on each activity list when completing required coursework.
- There are two sections of each Reading Assignment; the Reading Questions, worth 10% of the final grade, and the InQuizitive Activity for the selected chapter, worth 90% of the final grade. To hide the Reading Assignment menu, click on the X in the upper left corner. Click on the ebook menu icon to view the Reading Assignment menu again.
- The chapter on which the Reading Assignment is based will be displayed on the right side of the screen. All of the same ebook tools are available even while completing Reading Assignments so feel free to add highlights, annotations, and bookmarks as you wish.
- To view the Reading Questions, click on the green Show Questions button near the bottom of the window.
- The Reading Questions part of each Reading Assignment is divided up into several sections. Each section can contain several questions. Once all of the questions are answered in a given section, a green checkmark will appear to the right of the section's title.
- As you complete the Reading Questions, your grade will continually update with your progress. Once you answer all of the available Reading Questions, you'll receive a grade of 10%. The other 90% of your grade will be calculated using your final grade on the InQuizitive Activity for the chapter.
- Select an answer to the presented question until you choose the correct answer. You will receive feedback for each answer you select, correct or incorrect. Your grade for the Reading Questions will not be affected by incorrect answers so don't worry if it takes you several attempts to select the correct answer.
- Click on the Hide Questions button to hide the Reading Questions.
- After you correctly answer all of the questions in a section, click on the Done button to move on to the next section. Once you correctly answer all of the Reading Questions, you'll be sent to the InQuizitive Activity for the selected chapter.
You can skip to different sections of the Reading Questions, or even to the InQuizitive Activity, at any time while completing the Reading Assignment. Simply click on the section title and the ebook will jump to the relevant page for that section and you will be presented with the Reading Question(s) for that section as well. If you choose to jump around to different sections and not complete the Reading Assignment in the presented order, please make sure you correctly answer all of the Reading Questions in each section by looking for the green checkmarks to the right of each section's title.
You will see the total number of questions in a specific section in the header of the Reading Questions box. If there are more than one question in a section, you will see a Next Question link in the lower right corner. Once you reach the final question in that section, you'll see a Done link in the lower right corner, which will send you to the next section of the Reading Assignment. You can skip to other questions in a specific section at any time but you must correctly answer every available question in that section to receive full credit and receive a green checkmark.
After you complete all of the available questions, the Reading Questions header will turn green, there will be green checkmarks to the right of each section's title, and your score will be displayed as 10%. The remaining 90% of your grade for the Reading Assignment will be calculated using your performance on the chapter's InQuizitive Activity.
As soon as you answer the minimum number of questions required to receive a grade within the InQuizitive Activity, your InQuizitive Activity and Reading Assignment grades on the left side of the screen will update with your current grade. Even though you have answered the minimum number of questions to receive a grade, you are encouraged to keep answering InQuizitive questions until you reach the Target Score and receive 100%.
Once you reach the Target Score within the InQuizitive Activity, you will receive this notification and your score of 100% will be recorded for the Reading Assignment.
Once you return to the Reading Assignment, you'll notice that the InQuizitive header has turned green and displays your grade, your InQuizitive grade is recorded, and the Reading Assignment grade has turned green as well.
Your final grade for the Reading Assignment, as well as the length of time you spent completing the Reading Assignment will be recorded on the activity list for the Reading Assignment.
Since you completed the chapter's InQuizitive Activity as part of the Reading Assignment, your grade for the InQuizitive Activity will also be recorded on the InQuizitive tile.
Finally, the amount of time you spent reading the ebook while completing the Reading Assignment will also be recorded within the Ebook tile.